|Keyword||Yaapya – Pratyaakheya|
|Etymology/ Definition||शेषत्वादायुषो याप्यमसाध्यं पथ्यसेवया । |
लब्धाल्पसुखमल्पेन हेतुनाऽऽशुप्रवर्तकम् ॥
गम्भीरं बहुधातुस्थं मर्मसन्धिसमाश्रितम् ।
नित्यानुशायिनं रोगं दीर्घकालमवस्थितम् ॥
विद्याद्विदोषजं, तद्वत् प्रत्याख्येयं त्रिदोषजम् । च.सू.१०/१७
|Implied Meaning||It is a group of incurable but palliative diseases.|
|Elaboration||Diseases exhibiting following characteristics are considered as incurable but palliative:|
1. Patient has survived for a certain period by following the wholesome regimen and as such has enjoyed a little relief. However, even the slightest carelessness is likely to worsen the patient’s condition instantaneously.
2. Diseases have affected deep – seated Dhaatu.
3. The disease involves number of body constituents.
4. It affects the vital organs and joints.
5. It affects the patient continuously for a long time.
6. The disease is caused by the vitiation of two Dosha .
|Contemporary Colloquial||Palliative disease|
Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 11:53 am