|Etymology/ Definition||पाकः पचनम् । शब्दकल्पद्रुम|
|Literary Meaning||M / W – digestion, assimilation of food, ripening, inflammation, suppuration, an abscess|
|Implied Meaning||Pitta predominant condition. It may involve any one or more body constituents simultaneously. E. g. Mukhapaaka ( Stomatitis )|
1. Consumed food, which gets converted into Aahaara Rasa ( Rasaantaram ) due to Jaat`haraagni ( digestive power ) is called Paaka.
3. Taalupaaka ( inflammation of soft pallet )
|Elaboration||1. It is an important function of Paachaka Pitta , which is the main contributor to the process of digestion. Terms Doshapaaka , Dhaatupaaka have to be interpreted in this context.|
2. Fine powders of metals and minerals are prepared with the help of Gajaput`a . This conversion is called Paaka .
3. A type of Palatine disease
4. A type of ophthalmic disease
5. A type of rice, which becomes sour after digestion.
6. Types of Sneha Paaka viz. Khara , Mridu , Madhya
Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 04:32 am