|Literary Meaning||These are the factors contributing to fertilisation and development of foetus.|
|Implied Meaning||After conception ( S`hukra S`hon`ita Sanyoga ) various factors help in the growth of foetus in various aspects. These factors are Garbhakara Bhaava.|
|Elaboration||The foetus is a result of six factors concurrently present in a uterus that is conducive to fertilisation. These are collectively known as Garbhakara Bhaava. Each contributes in a certain way to the development of the foetus as stated below:|
1. Maatrija – Skin, blood, adipose tissue etc.
2. Pitrija – Hair, nails, teeth etc.
3. Aatmaja – Mana ( mind ), Indriya , Sukha – Duhkha etc.
4. Saatmyaja – Health, good complexion and voice etc.
5. Rasaja – Enthusiasm, nourishment, fulfilment
6. Sattvaja – Cleanliness, hate, memory etc.
|Contemporary Colloquial||Factors contributing to or facilitating conception|
Last updated on March 12th, 2021 at 05:59 am