- अरिष्टा वस्त्रादिभिर्मन्त्रपुरस्कृतैर्बन्धः । D`alhan`a
- Tying a tourniquet is termed as Arisht`a Bandhana.
- One of the above materials should be tied 4 fingers (3-5 cm) proximal to the bite, along with simultaneously chanting of Mantra.
- The tourniquet should not be too tight otherwise it will produce oedema or suppuration of wound.
- The tourniquet should notbe too loose otherwise it would not obstruct flow of venom towards heart.
- Siraa Visham Na Vahanti (Delays systemic circulation of poison by mechanical obstruction.)
- Visha Stambhana
- Visha Prasara Nirodha
- This procedure is helpful only as primary treatment of poisoning, but now a days immobilization of limb and broad bandaging of whole limb is preferred instead of tying a tourniquet.
- Traditionally some schools use pleated cloth (Ven`ikaa), some use broad stripes of cloth or leather thongs.
- Tightening is done with a wooden peg.
Last updated on December 1st, 2021 at 11:18 am