- Nasya is administration or instilling the drops of medicated oil in the nostrils.
- For Pittja Vyaadhi Nasya should be administered during Madhyaanhakaala (forenoon).
- For Kaphaja Vyaadhi Nasya should be administered during Praatahkaala (morning).
- For Vaataja Vyaadhi Nasya should be administered during Saayamkaala (evening).
- As preventive measure:
- During cold season in the afternoon
- During S`harada season in the morning
- During Varshaa season when the sky is clear.
- During Greeshma season in the evening.
- The medicineshould be madewarm by keeping inside a utensil containing hot water. This warm medicine should be administered. The temperature of the medicine should be around 40 degree C.
- Pichunaa Naavanaistribhih| Ch.Su.5/67-68
- A cotton swab should be soaked in the medicine and drops should be instilled squeezing this.
Dose decision: – Snehana Nasya:
- Heena Maatraa – 8 drops in each nostril.
- Madhyama Maatraa – 16 drops in each nostril.
- Uttama Maatraa – 32 drops in each nostril.
- Naavana is mainly classified into two types i.e. Snehana & S`hodhana.
- Snehana type of Nasya is indicated in Vaataja and Pittaja Vyaadhi and S`hodhana Nasya indicated in Kaphaja Vyaadhi. Snehana Nasya has mainly strengthening action and S`hodhana Nasya expels the vitiated Dosha out of the body.
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 10:22 am