- असञ्चार्यो मूखे पूर्णे गण्डूषः A. H. Su. 22/12
- Holding mouthful of liquid medicine without moving the medicine. (gargling should be avoided)
- Snigdha Gan`d`oosha
- S`hamana Gan`d`oosha / Prasaadana Gan`d`oosha
- S`hodhana Gan`d`oosha
- Ropan`a Gan`d`oosha
- Nasya administration if Gan`d`oosha is administered as a post procedural management.
- Mridu Svedana should be administered over Skandha (shoulder), Gala (throat), Kapola (chicks), Lalaat`a (forehead), S`hira (head) and Manyaa (neck region) region.
- This should be followed by massage over those regions.
According to type, the medicine should be prepared.
- The procedure should be conducted at a place with Aatapa (sunrays) and free from direct wind flow.
- The patient should sit holding his mouth in slight upward direction i.e. neck slightly extended.
- Swallowing of the medicine should be avoided.
- When secretions start appearing through ear, eyes or nose or mouth gets filled with Kapha, the medicine should be spitted out. Medicine should be retained till it becomes impossible to hold any longer due to appearance of secretions. Then again medicine should be withheld for second time.
- Gan`d`oosha can be done as a daily procedure and for that Tila Taila or Maamsarasa should be used.
- Mainly the action of Gan`d`oosha is at the level of oral cavity and a part of Gala (throat).
- Gan`d`oosha is contraindicated in children below the age of 5 years.
- Taila Gan`d`oosha if done as a daily procedure it acts as Danta Balya and Rochana.
- Indications and various formulations used can be got through Anveshak search facility.
Last updated on May 27th, 2021 at 05:28 am