C.Su.17, 18, S.Ni.9, S. Chi.16, A. H. Ni.11, A.H.Chi.13, M. Ni.40
- Vidradhi is an elevation on the surface of the skin which manifests with Oedema. It is S`hastrakarmasaadhya Vyaadhi.
- Charakaachaarya has explained Vidradhi as one of the types of the Prameha Pid`akaa. But he has also stated that without suffering form Prameha, these Prameha Pid`akaa including Vidradhi can get manifested.
- Dusht`a Raktaatimaatratvaat Sa Vai S`heeghram Vidahyate |
Tatah S`heeghravidaahitvaat Vidradhi Iti Abhidheeyate | (Cha. Su. 17/95)
- S`heeghravidaahaad Vidradhih | (Su. Ni. 9/1 Gayadaasa)
- Dosha vitiate skin, Rakta, Maamsa and Medas. They are harbouredon Asthi. Gradually, these Dosha create serious Oedema. This Oedema(S`hopha) has large base. There is pain. It is circular or rectangular. This S`hopha is called as Vidradhi.
- Baahya :
- It originates from skin, Snaayu and Maamsa. It resembles to tendons and is extremely painful.
- Aabhyantara :
- Dosha when enter interior of the body affecting Maamsa and Rakta (Asra), thereby causes deep seated abscess (Granthi), which is very painful.
- This Aabhyantaar (internal) Vidradhi may happen at heart (Hridaya), Kloma, Yakrit (Liver), Pleehaa (Spleen), Kukshi (Flanks), Vrikka (kidneys), Naabhi (Umbilicus), Vamkshan`a or Basti (Urinary Bladder).
- Due to vitiation of Blood (Rakta), the Vidradhi get suppurated quickly, due to this quick suppuration only, it is called as Vidradhi. (Tatah S`heeghra Vidaahitvaat Vidradhi Iti Abhidheeyate | (Ch. Su. 17/95)
- Aabhyanta Vidradhi manifests same as of Gulma (Gulma Roopin`am)
- Vidradhi again can be classified as:
It is of 6 types:-
General guidelines to know:
- When Vidradhi suppurates completely and ruptures, then if Vidradhi is situated at upper side of the body (above the chest), it discharges out through mouth. If Vidradhi is situated at lower side of the body (below the umbilicus), it discharges out through the anus. When the Vidradhi is at umbilicus, after ripening it discharges through both mouth and anus.
- Completely ripened Vidradhi at Hridaya, Naabhi and Basti and Saannipaatika Vidradhi are incurable. They lead to death. So as soon as a person affects from Vidradhi, one should immediately get treated by Snehana, Virechana therapy.
- The general rule to treat Vidradhi is like Gulma.
- It is necessary that Vidradhi should be treated before the complications are manifested.
- Actually, Pid`akaa related to Prameha and those which are manifesting without Prameha have same line of treatment, as Dosha and Dooshya both are same in these types. D`alhan`a.
- It has been described that Pid`akaa are manifested due to negligence to treat Prameha. But it is also possible that without Prameha, Pid`akaa can be manifested. Unless and until these Pid`akaa get substantial root in the Dhaatu they are not manifested.
- S`haraavikaa, Kachchaapikaa and Jaalinee are difficult to tolerate and very serious in nature. They occur in such patients where Medas and Kapha are in excess.
- Sarshapee, Alajee, Vinataa and Vidradhi are due to dominance of Pitta and are possible in a person having moderately vitiated Medas and Kapha. These are curable.
Incurable condition for Vidradhi:
If Pid`akaa are manifested in a patient suffering from Prameha, at Marma Sthaana, Amsa, Guda (Anal region), Stana (Breasts), Sandhi (Joints), Paada (feet), then this patient does not survive.
This Vidradhi is black in colour. It is Parusha. There is severepain. This S`hotha manifests with different ways. This is Vaataja Vidradhi. The secretions are thin (Tanu).
This resembles to ripened fruit of Udumbara. It may be of S`hyaava (gray) color. There is Jvara and Daaha. It manifests quickly. It ripens / suppurates quickly. The secretions are yellow coloured(Peeta).
It resembles to an earthen vessel. It is whitish and cold to touch. It is stable. There is mild pain. It manifests with longer duration. It suppurates too lately. There is Kan`d`oo also. The secretions are white colored(Sita).
There are different coloredsecretions, pain. The Ghaat`aala (The upper part) of the Vidradhi is large in size. It is irregular in size (Vishama). It is Asaadhya.
Kshataja / Abhighaataja:
Due to the trauma there is formation of wound. The heat at the wound gets spread due to Vaayu which provokes Pitta with Rakta. There is Jvara, Trishn`aa, Daaha. This is Aagantu Vidradhi which manifestssame as Pitta Vidradhi.
- The Vidradhi is covered with multiple black coloredblisters. It is grey colored(S`hyaava). There is severe burning sensation, pain and Jvara. It manifests with the symptoms of Pitta Vidradhi. This is Rakta Vidradhi.
- Raktaja Vidradhi manifests in the females only. If there is improper delivery of fetusor if Aparaa (Placenta) is not evacuated properly, then there is Raktajavidradhi which is also called as Makkalla. If this is not pacified within 7 days, then it gets suppurated within seven days.
According to the site of the manifestation, Vidradhi is of 9 types
- When Pleehaagata, Yakritgata, Klomagata, Vamkshan`agata Vidradhi_s burst out, they are drained in the upward direction.
- Other Vidradhi_s like Gudagata, Bastigata, Vrikkagata, Vamkshan`agata drain in the downward direction.
- Vidradhi may it be Apakva, Pakva, may it be large or small in size; if it is manifested on the Marma; then it is Krichchhrasaadhya.
Difference between Gulma and Vidradhi:-
- There is no root of the Gulma (Nibandhah Na Asti); where as Vidradhi has its root (Sanibandha)
- Dosha themselves are turned in to Gulma; in Gulma Dosha doe not get harbor in to some other Dooshya; whereas in Vidradhi Dosha get harbouredin to the Maamsa and S`hon`ita.
- Gulma is like a bubblein the water which manifest in the Srotas, it resembles to Vaata Granthi, therefore it does not get suppurate (as there is no involvement of Rakta and Maamsa in the pathogenesis of Gulma); whereas Vidradhi is having Maamsa and Rakta as Dooshya, it gets suppurated.
Vidradhi manifested on the Asthi causes suppuration of Majjaa. When these suppurated Majjaa Dhaatu can not drain out then it causes severe burningpain. Due to this heat produced in the Majjaa, there is severe pain. When this gets drained out, there is unctuous (Snigdha), white coloredsecretions which is cold to touch.
In the lactating or non lactating breasts, Dosha cause S`hotha residing in to the Stana Siraa. This manifests in to Prasootaa or Garbhin`ee. The S`hotha is Ghana. This manifests as Baahya Vidradhi.
It does not manifests in the girls as the Stana Naad`ee are small in them.
Vidradhi: Sampraapti Ghat`aka and Saadhyaasaadhyataa
|Vidradhi||Baahya||Aabhyantara||Vaataja||Pittaja||Kaphaja||Saannipaatika||Kshatja / Aagantuja||Asrija/ Rakta Vidradhi|
|Krichchhra||MarmagataAntarvidradhishu Baahyatah Bhinnam Vidradhi Su. Ni. 9.25 D`alhan`a|
|Asaadhya||Hridayastha Paripakva VidradhiNaabhija Paripakva VidradhiBastija Paripakva VidradhiSaannipaatikaUrdhvanihsrita VidradhiTridoshaja||Asaadhya|
|Dosha||Tridosha||Vaata Prakopa||Pitta Prakopa||Kapha Prakopa||Tridoshaja||Pitta Prakopa||Pitta Prakopa|
|Dhaatu||Rakta Dusht`i Maamsa Dusht`iAsthi Aas`Hraya Su. Ni. 9.4, 34 D`alhan`a|
Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 05:16 am