C.Chi.1, M.N.51, B.R.56, Y.R. (Uttaraardha),N.R. Amlapitta
Amlapitta includes hyperacidity, acid peptic disease and related diseases.
Consumption of food having attributes like Viruddha, Dusht`a, Amla, Vidaahee, Pitta Prakopa (Pitta aggravating) causes Vidagdha State (decomposed) of Pitta.
In this disease, Pitta is a causative Dosha. But, there is association of Kapha and Vaata also. As per the association of Doshaa_s the symptoms get manifested.
- Vidaahaadyamlagun`odriktam Pittam Amlapittam | M. N. 51/1 Madhukos`ha
- Amlagun`odriktam Pittam Amlapittam | Ch. Chi. 1/45-49 Chakrapaan`i
Due to indigestion (Vidaaha) Amla attribute of Pitta gets aggravated. Therefore, this disease is called Amlapitta.
It is associated with Kapha. There is vomiting. It may be of different colours. The vomit is mixed with Kapha.
There is Trishn`aa (Thirst), Daaha (burning sensation), Moorchchhaa (syncope), Bhrama (vertigo), Moha, Hrillaasa, Kot`ha (urticaria), Analasaada (decreased digestive capacity), Harsha (bristling of hairs), Sveda, Angapeetava.
- Vaataja: Main signs are Kampa, Pralaapa, Moorchchaa, Chimachimaayana, Gaatraavasaada, S`hoola, Tamo Dars`hana, Vibhrama, Vimoha, Harsha.
- Kaphaja: Kapha Nisht`heevana, Gaurava, Jad`ataa, Aruchi, S`heeta, Saada, Vami, Lepa, Dahana Saada, Bala Saada, Kan`d`oo, Nidraa are the manifested symptoms.
- Vaata Kaphaja: Symptoms of Vaataja and Kaphaja Amlapitta manifest in the VaataKaphaja Amlapitta.
S`hleshma Pittais another state of Amlapitta, which is described by Maadhava Nidaana. It is manifested with Tiktodgaara, Amlodgaara, Kat`ukodgaara, Hriddaaha, Kukshidaaha, Kan`t`ha Daaha, Bhrama, Moorchchhaa, Aruchi, Chhardi, Aalasya, S`hirorujaa.
Krichchhrasaadhya: Kasyachit Chirotthita
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 07:24 am