- The fomentation done with the help of a continuous stream of medicine is termed as Dhaaraa Sveda.
- The Dhaaraa should be done from a level of 12 Angula above the body of the patient.
- If the patient’s body parts are very dry and if there is dominance of Vaata along with Pitta then the fomentation should be done for 2 and ½ Muhoorta.
- In case of Snigdha Kapha dominance the fomentation should be done for 1 and ¼ Muhoorta.
- Otherwise the fomentation should be stopped after adequate sweating occurs.
- The patient should rest for a while.
- Gentle massage should be applied.
- Hot water bath should be given.
- Water medicated with Dhaanyaka or buttermilk added with Trikat`u and Yoosha added with ghee should be consumed.
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 08:42 am