- Fomentation administered by ignited substances kept inside a well-shaped pit.
- Instrument checklist: A well-shaped pit of the width of a bed and twice as deep as its width is dug. This place should be suitable (Pras`hasta) and not exposed to wind. It should be filled with excreta of elephant, horses, cows, donkeys, or camels. This should be ignited. When the material is completely burnt out and smokeless fire remains a bed should be placed over this pit.
- Patient preparation: Body massage.
- The patient should lie over the bed to receive the heat.
- This is a type of dry Sveda.
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 09:31 am