- ±ÉäJÉxÉä JÉ®ú: * b÷±½þhÉ
- The procedure of scraping the wound with the help of medicines having khara (rough) property or with a Lekhana S`hastra is termed as Vran`a Lekhana.
- Vran`a Daaran`a (rupture / opening / puncturing)
- Medicine preparation:
S`hephaali Patra, Samudra Phena, Yavakshaara, Saindhava, Karkas`ha Patra of any type
- Precautions to be taken during Vran`a Lekhana
- Samam Likhet – adequate scrapping should be done. (Applicable to Kat`hina Vran`a)
- Sulikhet – excess scrapping should be avoided. (Applicable to Sthoola and Vritta Osht`ha Vran`a.)
- Niravas`heshatah Likhet – all the dead and Dooshita tissue should be debrided completely. (Applicable to Deeryaamaan`a Vran`a)
- Scrapping should be done till there is bleeding from the skin edges.
- Vartmanaam Pramaan`en Samam Nirlikhet
- Vrana Eshan`a
- Scooping, scrapping and debridement of Dusht`a Vran`a is achieved by this procedure.
- This procedure is included in Shasht`i Upakrama of Vran`a mentioned by Sus`hruta. This comprises one of the Pradhaana S`hastra Karma. This can be included in Paat`ana Karma (Sapta Vran`a Upakrama mentioned by Sus`hruta.).
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 08:43 am