- Nasya medication specifically in Choorn`a (powder) form is administered with the help of Naad`ee Yantra or in a smoke form.
- Patientshouldbe in a sitting position with head tilted backwards
- The suitable drug should be very finely powdered.
- There are three methods of application:-
- The medicine should be administered with the help of Naad`ee Yantra.
- The medicine should be kept inside a cloth bag and sniffed.
- The medicinal smoke should be inhaled by making a medicinal wick and keeping it inside a Dhoomanetra.
- The medicinal smoke is inhaled by directly burning the medicine oil embers.
- This is specifically a S`hodhana type of Nasya.
- Being dry, aromatic powder it causes large amount of secretions with sneezing initially followed by watery exudates. This is associated with redness and watering of eyes.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 05:33 am