- This is one of the eight S`hastrakarma described by Sus`hruta.
- Vran`ausht`ha Lekhana
- The bleeding should be stopped and then the wound should be sutured.
- In traumatic, clean wound suturing could also be done provided, the wound is not lacerated; there is no internal bleeding and suspected foreign body or the wound has no connection with the respiratory tract.
- The muscles, Maamsa and loose pieces of bone protruding through the wound should be cut and then the wound should be sutured.
- In few conditions the wound is very clean but the edges of the wound undergo epithelisation. Now this epithelisation prevents re-approximation of the wound. To accentuate the process of healing, suturing of the wound should be done. Before this scrapping of wound edges should be done till there is free bleeding from wound edges. Here the property of Sandhaana of Rakta Dhaatu is utilized.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 07:11 am