- The procedure in which medicine is held on head with the help of a belt like structure placed over head.
- Hair from patient’s head should be completely shaved.
- The patient should be administered Virechana, Nasya, Svedana and Snehana as per indication.
- The patient should be asked to sit on a knee-high stool with a straight back.
- The S`hirobasti Yantra should be placed over the patient’s head just above the ears.
- The S`hirobasti Yantra should fit properly over the patient’s head.
- The S`hirobasti Yantra should cover all the area of head above the ear and half of the forehead.
- The joints of the S`hirobasti Yantra should be sealed with the paste of black gram to avoid any leakage of medicine. It should be allowed to dry.
- The lukewarm medicine should be poured into the S`hirobasti Yantra.
- Volume of the medicine should be such that it should come up to 2 inch above the scalp.
- The medicine should be kept lukewarm throughout the whole procedure. For this little quantity of medicine should be removed and replaced by a hot medicine of the same amount. This process should be repeated till symptoms of adequate S`hirobasti appear.
- Duration of the procedure should be according to the following table
|Disease||Duration in Maatraa|
- The medicine should be collected in a utensil by asking the patient to bend his head forward.
- Head region should be cleaned.
- Samvaahana (shampooing / rubbing gently) should be done over neck, head, back and shoulder region.
- Bath with hot water.
- Raasnaadi Choorn`a should be sprinkled on head after drying.
- Head should be covered after bath and exposure to sun and wind should be avoided.
- The procedure should be done continuously for 7 days.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 06:23 am