Yugapat Kupitaavantah Trika Sandhi Praves`hakau |
Stabdham cha Kurute Gaatram Aamavaatah Sa Uchyate || M. N. 25/5
When all the three Dosha are vitiated simultaneously at the Trika Sandhi causing rigidity in the body; this is the situation called as Aamavaata.
It is Ati Daarun`a (dreadful and very difficult to cure)
A person consuming Viruddhaahaara whose digestive capacity is weakened and who is having sedentary life style or a person who exercises after having Snigdha food; is prone to have Aamavaata.
- Aama is provoked by Vaayu which is carried towards the sites of Kapha (S`hleshma Sthaana).
- This Aama gets vitiated by Vaayu (Vidagdha) and traverse to the Dhamanee.
- This Aama gets vitiated by all the three Doshaa_s.
- It causes oozing (liquidity) in the body (Abhishyanda).
- It is of different colours (Naanaa Varn`a).
- It is highly sticky in nature (AtiPichchhila)
Signs and symptoms:
Aamavaata is characterized by following signs and symptoms:
- Angamarda (body ache)
- Aruchi (aversion in taste)
- Trishn`aa (thirst)
- Aalasya (idleness)
- Apaaka (decreased digestive capacity)
- S`hoonataa (oedema)
- Daurbalya (weakness)
- Hridaya Gaurava (heaviness in chest)
Clinical picture of Pravriddha Aamavaata (worsened condition):
- Rujaa and S`hotha (pain and oedema) in Hasta, Paada, S`hira, Gulpha, Trika, Jaanu, Ooru, Sandhi.
- Rujaa and S`hotha gets manifested wherever the Aama gets traversed. There is severe pain where the Aama gets located. The pain resembles to the Vris`hchika Dams`ha (Scorpion sting).
- Agni Daurbalya, Praseka, Aruchi, Gaurava, Utsaahahaani, Vairasya, Daaha, Bahumootrataa, Kukshi Kaat`hin`ya, S`hoola, Nidraa Viparyaya, Trishn`aa, Chhardi, Bhrama, Hridgraha, Vid`Baddhataa, Jaad`ya, Aantrakoojana, Aanaaha.
- Other complications may also manifest. This is the most difficult situation to tolerate.
Signs and symptoms of Aamavaata types:
- Pittaja Aamavaata : Raaga and Daaha.
- Vaataja (Pavanaanuga) Aamavaata: Pain.
- Kaphaja Aamavaata : Stimitatva, Gurutva, Kan`d`oo.
- Saadhya: Ekadoshaja
- Yaapya: Dvidoshaja
- Krichchhra: Saannipaatika, Sarvadehagata S`hotha
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 07:25 am