- This is a type of Anagni Svedana.
- Bahupaana means drinking alcohol in a large quantity.
- When alcohol is consumed in a large quantity i.e. more than advisable, the Drava Gun`a (liquidity) inside the body increases. Due to Vyavaayee and Vikaasee properties of Madya it expels Jaat`haraagnee out of the body and hence fomentation occurs.
- स्रोतांसि पक्तिस्थानाच्च निरस्य ज्वलनं बहिः A.H. Ni. 2/4
- Due to Madya intake, Pitta Dosha aggravates and this also results in sweating.
- Madya has affinity for Meda Dhaatu; Sveda is a Dhaatu Mala of Meda Dhaatu. Excessive Madya consumption leads to loosening of Meda Dhaatu and generation of Sveda from the liberated Drava / Kleda through the skin.
Last updated on May 26th, 2021 at 11:59 am