- The procedure, in which by either medicines or with all other measures /efforts, expulsion of the retained placenta is achieved, is termed as Jaraayu Paatana.
- The abdomen of the woman should be compressed forcefully over umbilicus.
- The physician should hold the woman by back and waggle violently or by holding with both the arms, violent jerks should be given.
- The attendant should strike or compress repeatedly the pelvis of the woman by her heels.
- Both the hips of the woman should be held and violent compressions should be done.
- Throat or palate of the woman should be touched with braid of hair or a finger wrapped with hair.
- The vagina should be oleated properly and then the flanks should be compressed and violent jerks should be given.
- Or the uterus should be compressed and then placenta should be delivered.
- Yoni Dhoopana, Yoni Lepana, Yoni Pooran`a, Yoni Pichu, Anuvaasana Basti, Aasthaapana Basti, Uttara Basti and oral medication should be done.
- If all these measures fail then the placenta should be removed manually. Lubricated hand having nails trimmed should be inserted following umbilical cord and placenta should be delivered.
- Vaginal packing should be done followed with padding.
- The principles of these treatments are same as the treatments which are practiced today.
- Now a day’s manual removal of placenta is done after giving anesthesia.
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 09:21 am