- Brushing the teeth is termed as Danta Dhaavana.
- In healthy persons Danta Dhaavana should be done as a daily procedure.
- It should be done immediately after getting up in the morning and after food intake.
- Medicine preparation:
Arka, Nyagrodha, Khadira, Karanja, Kakubha, Madhu, Vyosha
- The drugs should be bitter, pungent or astringent in taste.
- The stick of the stem of diameter equal to the little finger should be chosen.
- The stick should have a tender point.
- The stick should be of length equal to 12 Angula.
- The stick should not have any nodules or cuts.
- The stick should be crushed with teeth and the extracted juice should be held in mouth for some time and then spitted out.
- This should be continued till a brush like structure is formed at the edge of the stick.
- This brush should be then used to brush the teeth.
- If a powder is to be used for brushing then it should be very fine.
- Gums should not be harmed or damaged while brushing.
चिकित्सा Karma (Benefits):
- Danta Daurgandhyahara (relief from foul smell of teeth)
- Kapha Apakarshan`a ( cleansing the mouth by removing the sticky mucous)
- Mukha Vais`hadyakara (mouth freshener)
- Ruchikara (improved sense of taste)
- Saumanasyakara (imparting a sense of well being)
- Danta Malaghna (Cleanses the teeth)
Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 08:40 am