C. Chi. 29, S. Chi. 5, A. H. Chi. 22, N.R. वातरक्त
- रक्तमोक्षण: It can be carried out by two ways taking Bala (strength of the patient) and Dosha into consideration.
Raktamokshan`a should be carried out in वातरक्त, where there is Raaga, Rujaa and दाह.
- Virechana: It is useful to reduce Kapha and Medas
- Snehana should be carried out first.
- It should be Sneha Virechana.
- Virechana can also be carried out with Rooksha Dravya (dry) in a patient in whom Snigdha (unctuous) attribute is increased.
- Virechana should be mild in nature to avoid the consequent vitiation of Vaata.
- Basti: Basti should be given repeatedly (Asakrit) as no other modality is as affective as Basti in the management of Vaatarakta.
- Seka, अभ्यंग, Pradeha: These also can be carried out in a patient of वातरक्त.
Saamaanya चिकित्सा given by Sus`hruta:
- Gud`a Hareetakee
- Vardhamaana Pippalee > Ksheera Pisht`a Pippalee / Jala Pisht`a Pippalee should be consumed > everyday 5 or 10 Pippalee_s are to be increased > the process is to be carried out for 10 days > Ksheera + Odana should be consumed during the process.
- Aamalaka Svarasa Siddha Puraan`a Ghrita
- Jeevaneeya Sarpi
- Pin`d`a Taila
- Sahaadi Ksheera Pisht`a Ghrita Man`d`ayukta Pradeha
- Saireyaadi Chhaga Ksheera Pisht`a Pradeha
- Kaas`hmaryaadi Goksheera Pisht`a Pradeha
- Jeevaneeya Ghrita
- Kaakolyaadi Ghrita
- Sushavee Ghrita
- Kaaravellaka Ghrita
- Balaa Taila
- Balaa Taila
- Balaa Taila
- S`haali, Shasht`ika, Yava, Godhooma (old cereals) with Ksheera or Jaangala Rasa or Moodga Yoosha
- Baahya (Uttaana) Vaatarakta: It should be treated with
- Gambheera Vaatarakta: It should be treated with
- Aasthaapana Basti,
In Gambheera वातरक्त, when Rakta is affected Vaayu should be treated first as per the treatment advised in VaataVyaadhi. When Vaayu is pacified then only treatment of वातरक्त should be started.
- Vaataja Vaatarakta: It should be treated with
- Sarpi, Taila, Vasaa, Majjaa Paana (single as per the condition or in combination of two, three or all four- Mahaasneha)
- Sukhoshn`a Upanaaha (warm poultice)
- Vaataja Vaatarakta – चिकित्सा given by Sus`hruta:
- Wherever there is vitiation of Blood (Rakta Dusht`i) due to Maargaavarodha (obstruction in the channels) to avoid the vitiation of Vaata Dosha, it should be treated with Parisheka repeatedly.
- वमन followed by Samsarjana Krama.
- Different types of liquids should be given like:
Puraan`a Ghrita Paana (old ghee of at least 10 years standing)
Vaatahara Moola Siddha Ksheera
Amla (Suraa, Sauveera, Tushodaka etc. D`alhan`a)
Snaihika Phala (Eran`d`a, Tila, Atasee, Bibheetaka etc.) Utkaarikaa
Tila Kalka Lepa > when Vaata is dominant
- Raktapittotara Vaatarakta: It should be treated with
- Ghrita Paana
- Ksheera Paana
- S`heeta Nirvaapan`a (sprinkling of cold liquid)
- Pittaprabala and Raktaprabala Vaatarakta – Chikitsaa given by Sus`hruta:
- Paanaartha (to drink):
Draakshaadi Kashaaya + S`harkaraa + Madhu
Ksheera + Ikshu Rasa Yoga
S`haalyaadi Dhaanyaamla Pisht`a > it should be pleasantly hot while using.
- Raktaprabala Vaatarakta:
- Raktamokshan`a – it should be done repeatedly
- Pradeha – they should be extremely cold (S`heetatama) at the time of use
- Kaphaja वातरक्त: It should be treated with
- Mridu Vamana (mild emesis)
- Snehana, Seka and Langhana these should not be carried out in excess (Na Atyartham)
- Ushn`a Lepa
- Kaphaja Vaatarakta – चिकित्सा given by Sus`hruta:
Aamalaka + Haridraa Kashaaya + Madhu
Mustaa + Dhaatree + Haridraa Kvaatha
Taila, Mootra, Kshaarodaka, Suraa, S`hukta, Kaphaghna Aushadha Kvaatha
Aaragvadhaadi Kashaaya > should be used hot
Mastu Morataadi Siddha Ghrita
S`hveta Sarshapa Pradeha
- Samsargaja / Saannipaatika Vaatarakta:
In the Samsargaja and Saannipaatika types of वातरक्त, mixed treated as per the Dosha_s should be carried out. (In case of mixed picture of two or three Dosha_s mixed treatment should be administered according to the dominance of Dosha)
- जलौकावचारण: In a patient where there is Rug (pain), दाह (burning sensation), S`hoola, Toda (pricking pain); जलौकावचारण should be carried out.
- रक्तमोक्षण by using S`hringa (the horn of an animal) or Tumba (the gourd Lagenaria vulgaris): When there is Supti (numbness), Kan`d`oo (itching) and Chimachimaayana (tingling and numbness), blood letting should be carried out by this way.
- Prachchhaana and Siraamokshan`a: When वातरक्त is spreading from one site to another, these measure should be adopted for रक्तमोक्षण.
- Nirooha and Anuvaasana: Basti_s should be given in वातरक्त where there is Arti (pain) in Basti, Vamkshan`a, Paars`hva, Ooru, Parva, Asthi, Jat`hara and in उदावर्त.
- Bhedana, S`hodhana, Ropan`a: If there is aggravation of Rakta and Pitta in वातरक्त, suppuration sets in leading to bursting and oozing of Vidagdha Rakta and Pooya (Paaka). In this condition, Bhedana, सौषधं and Ropan`a should be carried out. The complications should be treated as per their own treatment.
- Vamana, Virechana, Aasthaapana, Anuvaasana: When the Dosha_s are aggravated.
- Food and the Sneha used for Snehana should be Avidaahee (not causing burning sensation)
- Aad`hake, Chan`aka, Mudga, Masoora, Makusht`haka: All these should be used for preparation of Yoosha using abundant Ghrita.
- Sunishan`n`aka, Vetraagra, Kaakamaachee, S`hataavaree, Vaastuka, Upodikaa: All these vegetables should be used with Ghrita and Maamsarasa.
- It is prohibited in a person where there is Anga Glaani, Rookshataa (dryness) and which is Vaata dominant.
- Blood should not be removed in excess amount as it may cause; Gambheera शोथ (deep seated oedema), Stambha, Kampa (tremors), Snaayu Vikaara, Siraa Vikaara, Glaani, Sankocha, Khanja, Vaatavikaara.
- These should be applied Ushn`a (hot) in the Vaataja and Kaphaja type of वातरक्त. If Lepa is applied cold then it causes Daaha, S`hotha, Rujaa, Kan`d`oo, Vivriddhi (aggravation in the symptoms) in these conditions.
- Lepa in Raktapittotara Vaatarakta should be cold, otherwise it causes दाह, Kelda, Avadaaran`a (breaking of the skin).
When Medas and Kapha are increased in large amount (Ativriddhi), they block the channels causing the obstruction in the flow of Vaayu in this condition Snehana and Brimhan`a should not be done at the early stage.
Vihaara (behavioral regimen):
- Garlands made up of Kumuda and Chandana should be used.
- Sprinkling of water (consecration by sprinkling) to overcome दाह
- Cold thing should be used to avoid Daaha.
- Vyaayaama > to reduce Kapha and Medas > otherwise prohibited
- Apravaata Griha S`hayana
- Mridugan`d`opadhaana S`hayana
- Mridu Samvaahana
- Rasa- Tikta
- Dhaanya- Shasht`ika S`haalee, Tand`ula, Rakta S`haalee, Godhuma, Yava
- S`haaka- Upodikaa, Kaakamaachi, Vetraagra, Sunnishan`aka, Vaastuka, Kaaravellaka, Tan`d`uleeyaka, Pat`ola, Aardraka, Sooran`a, Kokilaaksha, S`hataavaree, Sauvarchala
- S`himbee- Chan`aka, Mudga, Aad`hakee, Makusht`a, Masoora
- Maamsa- Laavaa, Kukkut`a, Pratuda and Vishkeera Maamsa
- Dugdha- Aavika Dugdha, Ajaa Dugdha, Maahisha Dugdha, Godugdha, Takra, Navaneeta, Ghrita
- Phala- Aamalakee, Draakshaa, Kushmaan`d`a
- Kritaanna- Odana + Ksheera, Peyaa, Mudga Paayasa, Audaaka, Prasaha and Aanoopa Maamsa Ves`havaara
- Other- S`hun`t`hee, Madhu, Triphalaa, Gud`oochee, S`harkaraa, Taila, Seedhu, Arisht`a, Suraa, Aasava, Abhyanga, Karpoora, Aguru, Devadaaru Tail Mardana, Seka, Lepa, Upanaaha, Ghritapaana, Aasthaapaana, Basti, Virechana, Jalukaavachaaran`a
Rasa- Kat`u, Amla, Lavan`a
- Gun`a- Ushn`a, Guru, Abhishyandee
- S`haaka- Moolaka
- S`himbee- Maasha, Kulattha, Nishpaava, Sateena
- Maamsa- PaksheeMaamsa,
- Dugdha- Dadhi,
- Drava- Madya, Kaanjika
- Other- Saktu, Kshaara, Viruddhaanna, Taambula, Pin`yaaka, Divaasvaapa, Seka, Aatapa Sevana, Maithuna
खोज करें Dravya, Kalpa, Aahaara For
Adhikaara – वातरक्त
- Indicated in Vyaadhi – वातरक्त
- Indicated in Vyaadhi Prakaara – Vaataja Vyaadhi
- Rasa – Tikta
Last updated on February 22nd, 2021 at 08:44 am