- Fomentation administered in tub-bath method.
- Instrument checklist:
A Dron`i (tub) of the size of an individual should be prepared.
- Medicine preparation:
Vaata alleviating decoction, medicated milk, medicated oil, medicated ghee, meat soup, and hot water. Roots, fruits, leaves, buds, etc; flesh and head of Mriga, S`hakuna, Ajaa etc. animals having thermogenic tendency. Mixed with Amla, Lavan`a and Snigdha drugs, Mootra, Ksheera, midriff of Varaaha, Pitta, Asrik, meat of Graamya, Audaka and Aanoopa animals, Basta S`hira, Tila, Tan`d`ula
- The patient should sit or lie down in the Dron`i. The Dron`i should be filled with the medicine up to the neck of the patient in sitting position. If the patient is lying down the medicine should be at the level of 6 Angula from the umbilicus of the patient.
- Duration of Svedana should be from one Muhurta (48 minutes) to four Muhoorta (192 minutes).
- This can be included under Drava type of Sveda.
- For Ekaanga Avagaaha, the part is immersed in the medicine till Samyak Yoga is achieved.
- The decoction needs to be kept warm by replenishing.
Last updated on May 27th, 2021 at 04:12 am