- Pouring continuous stream of oil or any other medicated liquid over the head is termed as S`hirodhaaraa.
- The procedure should be done during morning, between 7 to 10 am. (When the sunrays are not very powerful).
- Shaving the head if possible.
- The patient should lie in supine position on the Dron`i.
- The flow should be from a height of 4 Angula above the patient’s head.
- The flow should be over the midpoint of the forehead.
- The flow should be of steady.
- Simultaneously gentle massage should be applied over the head.
- The maximum time of this procedure should be 20-25 minutes.
- The scalp and hairs should be cleaned with lukewarm water.
- Vachaa Choorn`a should be sprinkledover thehead and the hair.
- The patient should take rest for a while.
- The patient should be advised to avoid any physical or mental exertion for some time.
Last updated on April 30th, 2021 at 06:25 am