M. Ni. Parishisht`ati
Introduction and Nirukti
S`heetalaa is nothing but मसूरिका.
मसूरिका only is nominated as S`heetalaa, when it is afflicted by Devi S`heetalaa.
There is ज्वर.
It is Bhootaabhishangaja Vishamajvara.
S`heetalaa gets manifested with ज्वर as Prodromal symptom.
If there are Brihat Visphot`a (big blisters), then this is called as Brihatee S`heetalaa.
This gets cured in 7 days.
In the third week it gets dried and gets cured.
- Kodravaa / Vaata Kaphaja
- Charmajaa / Ekasphot`aa
Kodravaa / Vaata Kaphaja
- This type is dominated by Vaata and Kapha Dosha.
- The shape of the blisters is like Kodrava (Paspalum scrobiculatum).
- It never suppurates.
- But some scholars believe that it does suppurate.
- This manifests like Jalas`hooka.
- It causes pain.
- It gets pacified on its own within 7 or 10 days.
- In this type, there is itching. A person likes to touch it.
- The causative factor is Ushmaa.
- This gets pacified within seven days.
- This resembles to Peeta Sarshapa.
- अभ्यंग is contraindicated in this.
- This is caused due to relatively less Ushmaa.
- It resembles to Raajikaa.
- This manifest in the childrensand gets specified on its own.
- It manifests like Kot`ha.
- There are blisters which are elevated and red colored.
- There is Jvara before the manifestation.
- There is pain.
- Jvara remains for three days.
- If the blisters are touching each other, then it is called as Bahusphot`aa.
Charmajaa / Ekasphot`aa
There is single Blister (Ekasphot`a), which is called as Charmajaa.
Last updated on February 12th, 2021 at 05:21 am