- The fomentation done with the help of vapors or steam coming from medicinal decoction is termed as Baashpa Sveda.
- Patient preparation:
अभ्यंग (oil massage) should be applied all over body.
- The indicated medicinal decoction should be kept in boiling state (with the help of a stove) in lower compartment of Baashpa Svedana Yantra.
- The patient should lie down on the Baashpa Svedana Yantra over a blanket or a bed sheet keeping his head outside the Yantra on a board.
- The patient should be covered by another blanket.
- If indicated the patient should be advised to turn on both sides to get good fomentation.
- The physician should continuously note the temperature inside the Baashpa Svedana Yantra to avoid burn.
- Thepatient should be given sponging with hot water.
- Then he should be mop dried completely with a towel.
- The patient should sit inside a room wrapped in a blanket for half an hour.
- Then the patient should be given hot water bath.
- The नाड़ी स्वेद can be considered under Bashpa Sveda. नाड़ी स्वेद should be used when fomentation is to be done over a single body part or a small region. When whole body fomentation is required Bashpa Sveda should be administered.
- Now days a heating coil is used to boil the decoction.
Last updated on May 27th, 2021 at 04:15 am