C.Chi.17, S.U.50, A.H.Chi.4, N.R. (हिक्का)
हिक्का is life threatening diseases due to obstruction of Vaata. It affect heart and debilitation of Dhaatu.
It is mainly caused due to Kapha Prakopa, Praan`a Vaayu Prakopa. It is Madhyama Maargagata and Pittasthaana Samudbhava Vyaadhi. The involved Srotasa are Praan`avaha Srotas, Annavaha Srotas and Udakavaha Srotas.
Generally, Vaata pacifying treatment should be carried out. If any complication occurs, then also it remains treatable. S`hamana also does not cause much complications; but if Kars`hana is carried out then if complications occurs then they remain untreatable. Treatment of S`hvaasa / Kaasa / Hikkaa / Kshaya / Chhardi could be done for हिक्का.
The first line of treatment in श्वास and हिक्का is सौषधं if the patient is having good mental and physical strength. While administering any type of सौषधं precaution should be taken to avoid vitiation of Vaata Dosha due to the medicine or due to complication of S`hodhana.
S`hamana and Brimhan`a
- S`hamana and Brimhan`a should be done for the weak, old patient, in children and also the patient having Vaata dominance, Anutklisht`a Kapha (no precipitation of Kapha Dosha)and Asvedya (patient unsuited for sudation)
- सौषधं should also be followed by S`hamana and Brimhan`a Chikitsaa.
- Main factor in pathogenesis is Vaata Dosha, and it aggravates due to Karshan`a. Therefore first line of treatment consists of Brimhan`a or S`hamana which pacifies Vaata Dosha.
- For this the medicines and diet, which are pacifying Kapha and Vaata Dosha, which are Vaataanulomaka, Agnideepaka and having Ushn`a property should be administered.
- The medicines in the form of Avaleha and Siddha Sneha and food items like Yoosha and Maamsarasa should be administered.
- The formulations which are useful in treating Paan`d`u Roga and शोथ are also useful in treating S`hvaasa.
- Kshudraa and Annajaa Hikkaa:
Instant relief can be obtained in Kshudraa and Annajaa Hikkaa by following measures:
- Sprinkling cold water on the face (S`heetaambuseka)
- Traasana (Sahasaa)
- Praan`aayaama (Uchchhvaasa Rodha)
- Soochee Toda
- Avadhoonana (Vikshepa)
These measures are basically useful for diverting the patients mind from the disease and controlling the breath (like Praan`aayaama)
- Annajaa Hikkaa:
It gets pacified by consuming Saatmya Anna and Paana.
- Kshudraa Hikkaa :
This type of हिक्का gets aggravated on exertion (Aayaasa) and gets pacified by consumption of food (Bhojana)
- These diseases associated with Ksheen`a Svara, Atisaara, Raktapitta, दाह should be treated by Madhura Rasa, Snigdha, S`heeta and other Pitta pacifying measures.
Gun`a / Karma – Snigdha, Ushn`a, Kapha Vaataghna, Anulomaka, Brihan`a
Dhaanya – Godhuma, Shasht`ika S`haalee, Yava, Jeern`a Dhaanya
S`haaka – Pat`ola, Moolaka, Rasona, Pushkaramoola, Krishn`a Tulasee, S`higru, Kaasamarda, Vaartaaka
S`himbee – Maasha, Kulattha
Maamsa – Harin`a, Tittira, Laavaa
Dugdha – Ghrita
Drava – Gomootra, Madya, Audbhid Jala, Madhura Rasayukta Jala, Us`heera Siddha Jala
Phala – Maatulunga, Kapittha
Kritaanna – Yavagoo, Ghrita, Bid`a Lavan`a and Hingu Siddha Aahaara, Snigdha Odana, Kulattha Yoosha, Kshaara Yoosha, Kaasamarda Yoosha, S`hushka Moolaka Yoosha
Other – Madhu, Lavan`a, Svedana, Vamana, Nasya, Dhoompaana, Virecahana, Nidraa, S`heeta Jala Paris`heka
Rasa – Amla
Gun`a / Karma – Rooksha, Vidaahee, S`heeta, Guru, Apatarpan`a
S`haaka – Alaaboo, Kanda, Sarshapa, Upodikaa
S`himbee – Maasha, Nishpaava
Maamsa – Aanoopa Maamsa, Matsya
Dugdha – Aavika Dugdha, Dadhi, Ashrita Dugdha
Other – Visht`hambhee Padaartha, Kaphakara Anna, Taila Talita Padaartha, Paisht`ika Bhakshya, Pin`yaaka, S`haaluka, Vaata Mootra -Udgaara -Kaasa -S`hakrit Vegadhaaran`a, Purovaata Sevana, Aatapa Sevan, Danta Dhaavana
खोज करें Kalpa, Aahaara, Dravya, Chikitsaa Karma, Vihaara
Vyaadhi Hikkaa, (also search S`hvaasa / Kaasa / Hikkaa / Kshaya / Chhardi)
Adhikaara – S`hvaasa, Hikkaa
Karma – Hikkaa Nigrahan`eeya
Effect on Dosha – Vaataghna, Pittaghna
Last updated on February 16th, 2021 at 11:16 am