Mala are the waste formed during metabolism. These are three viz. Pureesha (faeces), Mootra (Urine), Sveda (sweat). Subsidiary product developed at the digestion/ formation of body tissues are also labelled as Mala e.g. Kes`ha.
Following chart describes Dhaatu specific Mala.
|Majjaa||Tvak Sneha,Pureesha Sneha , Akshi Sneha|
Though these are waste of the body, it has given importance in pathological and physiological perspective. Vitiation, aggravation and depletion of mala, leads to development of disease, which manifests in different symptoms. So it is essential to treat them accordingly.
- Paachana – Agnivaishamya is underline cause for disturbances in balanced state of mala. It has different shades of treatment. Depending upon the Sampraapti (pathogenesis) one should try to restore Agni state with Paachana.
- Dvisht`a Aahaara Tyaaga – The person should avoidhatred incompatible diet to compensates Mala वृद्धि (aggravated waste).
- Praarthayeta Avirodhi Aahaara – The person should consume liked compatible food so as to balance Mala Kshaya (depleted waste)
- Svayonivardhana Dravyaopayoga – Person should consume the substances having similar attribute to improve depleted state of waste.
- Svayonivardhana Dravya Pratikaara – Person should avoid the substances having similar attribute to compensate increased waste.
Vis`hesha Chikitsaa –
|Status of Mala||Treatment Guideline||Treat as|
|Pureesha Kshaya||1. Should consume flesh of central part of body of Sheep and Goat.2. Should consume Yava (barley), Raajamaasha, Maasha (black gram) and Kulmaasha (half boiled food grains) in ample quantity.|
|Sveda Vriddhi||Should follow seasonal guideline suggested for summer like sweet and cold foodstuffs (Sattu)|
|Sveda Kshaya||Physical exercise, Massage, Svedana (Steam bath) and Madyapaana (should consume alcohol)|
Treatment guideline for waste formed at Dhaatu level One should treat the imbalances of waste at Dhaatu level considering following factors
State of Jat`haraagni
Search in Anveshaka
खोज करें Aahaara, Dravya, Kalpa, Chikitsaa Karma, Vihaara with following properties:
- Effects on Mala:
- Mala Anulomaka
- Mala Paachana
- Mala Vis`hodhana
- Mootra S`hodhana
- Pureesha Janana
- Pureesha Samgrahan`eeya
- Pureesha Virajaneeya
- Mootra Samgrahan`eeya
- Mootra Virajaneeya
- Mootra Virechaneeya
Last updated on February 19th, 2021 at 07:28 am