C.Chi.14, S.Chi.6, A.H.Chi.8, N.R. Ars`horoga
Ars`ha are hemorrhoids or piles. It is excessive and unnatural growth of the Maamsa Dhaatu. These are caused in Guda (anal canal). in folds or sphincters (Valee).
Ars`ha is difficult to cure. Patient suffers a lot from this disease. In complications, other organs are also involved.
In Sushrut Samhitaa there is elaborative description about surgery of Ars`ha.
General treatment of Ars`ha can be done by 4 methods
- Bheshaja – Achirakaalajaata Alpa Dosha Linga, Alpa Upadrava
- Kshaara Karma Mridu Prasrita Avagaad`ha Uchchhrita
- अग्निकर्म Karkas`ha, Sthira, Prithu, Kat`hina
- S`hastrakarma Tanumoola, Uchchhrita, Kledavanta
Mainly the therapies which are Vaata, Kapha and Pitta Anulomaka and Agni Bala Vardhaka are beneficial for Ars`ha.
The medicines and diet which relieve (Bhitvaa) the Vibandha (like Styaana Kapha), which are Vaataanulomaka and which stimulate the power of Agni should be advised.
Diet Snigdha, Agnideepana, Ars`hoghna, Srist`a Mootra Pureesha (laxative)
Ars`ha, Grahan`ee and Atisaara generally act as causes of one another. All these diseases manifest due to Agnimaandya and Agneedeepana is the first line of treatment for all these diseases. So the treatment of all these diseases consists mainly of all measures which are helpful to maintain Agneebala.
Mainly the treatment should be according to the two main types of Ars`ha i.e. S`hushka and Sraavi Ars`ha.
S`hushka Ars`ha – Vaata or Kapha Praadhaanya.
- Treated by Sveda, Dhoopa, Lepa, Abhyanga Due to these procedures the Dusht`a Rakta accumulated in the piles gets expelled out and the patient gets relief.
- If there is no relief from S`heeta, Snigdha and Rooksha treatment that means the cause is vitiated blood and it should be treated by रक्तमोक्षण (blood letting). This should be done with the help of Jalaukaa, S`hastra or Soochee.
- S`hushka Ars`ha with Bhinna Varchas:Should be treated with Paachana Yoga mentioned in the treatment of Aamaatisaara.
- S`hushka Ars`ha with Guda S`hotha + S`hoola + Mandaagi:Should also be treated with Paachana Yoga_s mentioned in the treatment of Aamaatisaara.
- S`hushka Ars`ha with Gaad`ha Varchas:Should be treated with the measures which act as Vaata, Kapha and Pitta Anulomaka and increase the power of Agni.
Sraavi Ars`ha Mainly Rakta or Pitta Praadhaanya Chikitsaa.
- Sraavi Ars`ha with Vaataanubandha Should be treated with measures having S`heeta and Snigdha properties.
- Sraavi Ars`ha with Kaphaanubandha – Should be treated with measures having S`heeta and Rooksha properties.
- Sraavi Ars`ha with Kapha and Pitta Praadhaanya S`hodhana.
- Sraavi Ars`ha + Dusht`a Raktasraava The bleeding should not be stopped and Langhana should be administered. If the vitiated blood is prematurely arrested then it may cause one or more of the following diseases Raktapitta, Jvara, Trishn`aa, Agnimaandya, Arochaka, Kaamalaa, Guda S`hotha, Guda S`hoola, Vankshan`a S`hoola, Vankshan`a S`hotha, Kan`d`oo, Kot`ha, Pid`akaa, Kusht`ha, Paan`d`u, Vaata Mootra Pureesha Vibandha, S`hirahs`hoola, Staimitya, Guru Gaatrataa, Raktapradoshaja Vyaadhee.
- The bleeding should be neglected unless there is an emergency.
- Sraavi Ars`ha + Sruta Dusht`a Rakta Rakta Sangrahan`a (measures to arrest bleeding). For this Tikta Rasa Pradhaana medicines should be administered which stimulate the power of Agni, stop bleeding and act as Dosha Paachaka.
- Sraavi Ars`ha + Raktasraava + Praksheen`a Dosha + Vaata Praadhaanya Snehapaana orally, by अभ्यंग and Anuvaasana Basti.
- Sraavi Ars`ha + no Kapha Vaataanubandha + Pitta Praadhaanya + Greeshma Kaalaja Immediate Raktastambhana
- Sraavi Ars`ha + Rakta Pitta Praadhaanya + Alpa Kapha Vaata Treatment having S`heeta property.
- Even after administration of above mentioned treatment if bleeding continues following type of treatment aimed at Vaata S`hamana (as there is vitiation of Vaata Dosha due to Atiraktasraava )should be administered Tarpan`a should be done by administration of Snigdha, Ooshn`a Maamsarasa, Ghritapaana and sprinkling of Ksheera, Ghrita, or Taila.
- Ars`ha + Udaavarta Abhyanga should be done with the Taila preparations mentioned in the treatment of S`heeta Jvara. Then Pin`d`a Sveda should be administered and followed by Gudavarti administration.
- Ars`ha + Udaavarta The treatment mentioned for Ars`ha + Gaad`ha Varchas should be administered.
For the treatment of अर्श alternatively Madhura and Amla therapies and S`heeta and Ushn`a therapies should be administered.
Ars`ha should be treated immediately. Otherwise, it may lead to Baddha Gudodara obstructing anal canal.
Treatment of other Ars`ha types:
Generally Ars`ha means piles or hemorrhoids, various muscular growths like polyps are also described as Ars`ha due to similarity in pathogenesis. General treatment for other Ars`ha (Med`hraars`ha, Yoni Ars`ha, Naabhi Ars`ha, Netra Ars`ha etc) includes
For Karn`aars`ha, Naasaars`ha and Charmakeela please refer Karn`a Roga, Naasaa Roga and Kshudra Roga respectively.
- Rasa – Madhura, Amla (vyatyaasa) Tikta (stambhanaartha)
- Gun`a – Deepana, Raktastambhaka, Anulomaka
- Dhaanya – Jeern`a Lohita S`haalee, Shasht`ika S`haalee, Yava, Godhuma, Mahaas`haalee
- S`haaka – Palaand`u, Pat`ola, Dhattura, Rasona, Chitraka, Punarnavaa, Suran`a, Vaastuka, Gud`oochee, S`haalincha, Jeevantee, Nimbuka, S`hunt`hee, Hareetakee, Kankola, Aamalakee, Chukra, Aaradraka, S`hveta Palaand`u, Vaasaa, Krishn`a Maricha, Vaartaaka, S`hat`ee, Palaand`u, Upodikaa, Tand`uleeya, Suvarchalaa, Kaakamaachee, Lon`ikaa, Grinjanaka
- S`himbee – Kulattha, Mudga, Kodrava, Aad`hakee, Makusht`ha
- Maamsa – Mriga, Ajaa
- Dugdha – Navaneeta, Takra, Dugdha, Ghrita, Ajaa Dugdha, Mastu
- Drava – Ausht`ra Mootra, Gomootra, Sauveeraka, Tushodaka, Sarshapa Taila
- Phala – Amlikaa, Kapittha, Aamalakee,
- Kritaanna – Chitrakamoola and Ksharodaka Siddha Kulmaasha, Yavaudana, Yavasiddha Kulmaasha, Palaas`ha Kshaara Siddha Kulmaasha, Odana+ Ksheera+ Ghrita, Satakra Yoosha, Maamsa Rasa, Takra Tarpan`a, Yoosha, Yavaagoo, S`hushka Moolaka Yoosha, Kulattha Yoosha, Makusht`a Yoosha, Rakta Shaalee Bhakta, Laajaa Peyaa, Maamsa Rasa, Khad`a.
- अन्य – Saindhava, Kaanjee, Dhaanyaka, Panchakola, Hingu, Virechana, Lepa
- Rasa – Kashaaya, Kat`u Tikta, Madhura
- Gun`a – Guru, Teekshn`a, S`heeta, Rooksha, Vidaahee, Abhishyandee
- S`haaka – Alaaboo, Tumbee, Upodikaa, Kanda (Jaleeya)
- S`himbee – Maasha, Nishpaava,
- Maamsa – Aanoopa Maamsa, Matsya, S`hushaka Maamsa
- Dugdha – Dugdha, Dadhi, Takra Pind`a
- Phala – Aamra, Bilva
- Kritaanna – Ghrita, Taila Talita Padaartha
- Other – Ati Bhojana,Vetraagra, Upodikaa, Kamala Kanda, Paryushita, Nava Dhaanya, Kilaat`a, Pin`yaaka, Pind`aalu, Kas`heruka, Virood`ha Dhaanya, Viruddha Anna Sevana, Ati Jalapaana, Purovaata Sevana, Mala – Mootra Vegaavarodha, Maithuna, Yaanaayaana, Utakat`aasana, Divaasvaapa, Ativyaayaama, Kalaha, Kshaara
Search for the following criteria in Dravya, Kalpa, Aahaara, Vihaara and Chikitsaa Karma.
Effect on Vyaadhi Ars`ha, Raktapitta, Amaatisaara
Effect on Dosha Vaataghna
Effect on Dhaatu Rakta Stambhana
Effect on Mala – Malaanulomaka
Karma Anulomaka, S`hon`itasthaapana
Effect on Agni Agnideepana
Last updated on February 15th, 2021 at 09:28 am