S.U.57, A.H.Ni.5, M.Ni.14
D`alhan`a has given the quotation of Vriddha Bhoja.
Prakshitam Tu Mukhe Cha Annam Jantoh na Svadate Muhuh |
Arochakah Sa Vidnyeyah || Su. U. 57/3 D`alhan`a
अरोचक is a state where Dosha get accumulated in Annavaha Srotas, Hridaya and Jihvaa. Therefore the taste can not be felt by a person. This is called अरोचक.
- Abhakta Ruk
Na Anne Ruchirbhavati Tam Vikaaram Bhishajo Bhaktopaghaatam Vadanti |
According to Sus`hruta and Vaagbhat`a
- Citta Viparyayaja / Manah Santaapaja
अरोचक is a state where Dosha get accumulated in Annavaha Srotas, Hridaya and Jihvaa. Therefore, the taste can not be felt by a person.
Description according to specific type:
Vaataja Arochaka Lakshan`a
- Hridaya S`hoola
- Hridaya Peed`aa
- Taste of the mouth changes to Kashaaya Rasa.
- The symptoms according to Maadhava Nidaana are Parihrisht`a Danta, Kashaayaasyataa.
Pittaja Arochaka Lakshn`a
- Hridaya Daaha
- Bitterness of the mouth(Mukha Tiktataa)
- Moorchchaa, Trishn`aa (thirst)
- The symptoms according to Maadhava Nidaana are Tiktaasyataa, Amlaasyataa (sourness of mouth), Virasatva (tastelessness), Pootimukha (offensive smell of mouth).
Kaphaja Arochaka Lakshan`a
- Saada, Tandraa
- Madhura Aasyataa
- Mukha Paichchhilyataa
- Mukha Gurutva
- Mukha S`haitya
- Mukha Vibaddhatva
This is Asaadhya (incurable) type. Combinations of symptoms due to Dosha get manifested. According to Vaagbhat`a, in this type, a patient can not feel the taste.
As per Maadhava निदान, patient feel different types of tastes.
Chitta Viparyayaja Arochaka
Causative factors like seeing dirty things (Amedhya Dars`hana), Samraaga (Kaama), S`hoka, Bhaya, Vipluta Chetas (Vikrita Chitta), Ati Lobha, Krodha, Manoghna Naas`hana Dravya, Chintaa leads to vitiation of mind.Taste of the mouth is as per the vitiation of Dosha.
According to Maadhava Niddana, there is no change in the taste of the mouth. There is only the natural taste in the mouth. (Svaabhaavika Aasya)
Last updated on February 9th, 2021 at 07:23 am