C.Chi.8/98-102, C.Chi.26/283-290, S.U.53, A.H.Chi. 5/35-46, N.R. स्वरभेद
स्वरभेद is indistinctness of utterance or hoarseness (sounding rough) of the voice.
According to Charaka Samhitaa, types of स्वरभेद are as follows –
- Raktaja and
If स्वरभेद is associated with Raajayakshma it has two more type of manifestations as
- Kaasa Vegaja and
According to Sus`hruta Samhitaa, types are as follows:
There is little difference in the management of स्वरभेद Vyaadhi and स्वरभेद associated with राजयक्ष्मा. At places स्वरभेद associated with राजयक्ष्मा is called as Svarasaada or Svarakshaya.
- Saarvadehika: Snehana Vamana Virechana Basti
- Sthaanika: Nasya – Avapeed`a, Mukhaprakshaalana, Dhooma, Kavala
- S`hvaasaghna-Kaasaghna Leha
- Ghrita Paana Bhojanottara
- Taila in Paana, अभ्यंग, Gand`oosha and Basti Maayoora Ghrita, Maayoora Ksheera
- Siddha Ghrita
- Maamsarasa of Barhi, Tittira, Daksha cooked with Pancha Moola Kvaatha
- Gud`audana with Ghrita and Anupaana Sukhodaka
In Vaataja Svarabheda, Taila (oil) should be extensively used as it is best S`hamana remedyfor Vaata Dosha.
- Madhura Siddha Ghrita
- Siddha Ghritapaana,
- Sarpi with Anupaana of Ksheera
- Madhuradravya with Madhu and Ghrita
- Madhuka Paayasa + Ghrita
In Pittaja Svarabheda, Ghrita is extensively used as it is the best S`hamana remedy for Pitta Dosha. (Ghrita should be effectively used in absence of Aama Avasthaa)
- Teekshn`a Moordha Virechana
- Kat`u Rasa Pradhaana
- Teekshn`a Madya
In Kaphaja Svarabheda, Teekshn`a and Kat`u Dravya and Aahaara (food) are mainly used as they pacify Kapha Dosha.
- Similar Chikitsaa to
- Pittaja Svarabheda
- Kshaya Kaasaghna
- Saghrita Jaangala Maamsa Rasa
Tridoshaja (Sannipaataja) स्वरभेद
- Tridoshaja Svarabheda should be treated considering it as Pratyaakhyeya.
- In Tridoshaja स्वरभेद treatment of all Dosha_s should be done depending upon the predominant Dosha. Appropriate सौषधं should be done except Siraavedha.
Medoja Svarabheda should be treated on the lines similar to Kaphaja Svarabheda.
Kshayaja Svarabheda should be treated considering that it is Pratyaakhyeya in nature.
Uchcha Bhaashan`a Abhihata Svara:
- If voice is altered or changed or became weak due to loud speaking, is called as Uchcha Bhaashana Abhihata Svara.
- It should be treated by administering Ksheerapaaka of Madhura Dravya with S`harkaraa (sugar) and Madhu (honey).
Lakshan`a Svaroopa Svarabheda Chikitsaa:
In Charaka Samhitaa and Asht`aanga Hridaya, treatment of स्वरभेद is given in two different ways. The one is stated earlier and the other is treatment of स्वरभेद associated with राजयक्ष्मा Vyaadhi.
स्वरभेद with राजयक्ष्मा
- नस्य (Siddha Ghrita)
S`hamana: Siddha Ghrita Leha
- Snehana Svedana
- Bhojanottara Ghrita Paana
- Siddha Taila Nasya
- Ghrita + Sukhoshn`a Jala Anupaana,
- Naavana (नस्य) by Siddha Ghrita
- Ghrita with Ksheerapaaka as Anupaana
- Kat`u Sevana + Rooksha Bhojana
- Yava Yukta Yavaagoo with Kan`aa and Dhaatree Prakshepa
- Bhojanottara Teekshn`a Vamana
- Bhojanottara Pippalee and S`hun`t`hee
Difference between the treatments of these two types of Svarabheda:
- While treating स्वरभेद Vyaadhi, सौषधं has been given more emphasis as compare to when it is associated with Raajaykshmaa. ( where S`hamana has been given more importance)
- Since in राजयक्ष्मा, the line of treatment is to improve the strength of the patient, Ghrita preparations are used extensively in treating स्वरभेद also.
- Dhaanya- Yava, Rakta S`haalee
- S`haaka- Gokshura, Krishn`a Saarivaa, Baala Moolaka, Haritakee, Rasona, Aardraka, Maricha
- Dugdha- Ghrita
- Drava- Madya
- Phala-Draaksha, Maatulunga, Nimbuka
- Kritaanna- Yavaanna, Hansa, Vanya Kukkut`a, Mayoora Maamsarasa
- अन्य– Saindhava, Taamboola, Svedana, Basti, Dhoomapaana, Virechana, Kavala, Nasya, Bhojanottara Ghritapaana
- Rasa- Kashaaya, Amla
- Dugdha- Dadhi
- Phala- Aamra, Apakva Kapittha, Bakula Phala, Kamala Kanda, Jamboo, Tinduka
- अन्य– Viruddhaanna, Durgandhee Padaartha, Vamana, Atinidraa, Trishn`a, Udgaara, Kshudhaa Vega Dhaaran`a, Raktamokshan`a, Krodha, Bhaya, S`hoka, Ati Bhaashan`a
खोज करें Dravya, Kalpa, Aahaara, Vihaara, Chikitsaa Karma For
- Indicated Vyaadhi स्वरभेद
- Karma Svarya, Kan`t`haya
Last updated on February 19th, 2021 at 11:56 am