C .Chi.8, S. Ni.5, A. H. Ni.14, M. Ni.49
- S`hvitram S`hvetakusht`ham | A. H. Ni. 14.37 Tod`aramala
- Tvag Gatam Cha Yad Asraavee Tat Kilaasam Prakeertitam | M. N. 49. 37-39
- Tvag Gatam Eva Kilaasam | S. Ni. 5; M. N. 49. 37-39
Synonyms and Svaropa : S`hvitra is also named as
- Chaarun`a / Vaarun`a M. N. 49.37 / Daarun`a A. H. Ni. 14.37
- Aparisraavee (It does not exudates / suppurate) M. N. 49.37
- It is called as vitiligo (White discolouration of the skin).
- Hetu of Kusht`ha and Kilaasa are same. M. N. 49.37
- Vis`hvaamitra has explained another aspect that When Kilaasa itself enters in to the successive Dhaatu_s after involving skin, then Kilaasa is named as S`hvitra S. Ni. 5. 17; D`alhan`a
- Kilaasa is renamed as S`hvitra when involves Maamsa, Medas and gives Arun`a Varn`a. Whereas, Kilaasa is involving skin only. As it involves skin, only there is absence of exudates (Aparisraavee).
- It means that the first stage of manifestation of disease is Kilaasa and S`hvitra is the last stage.
Types of S`hvitra:
- According to the discolouration of the skin, Kilaasa is of three types. Generally, it is caused due to vitiation of all the three Dosha.
- When Dosha are situated in Rakta Dhaatu it manifests with red colour (Rakta). This is called as Daarun`a.
- Dosha situated in Maamsa Dhaatu manifests with copper colour (Taamra). This is called as Vaarun`a.
- When Dosha are situated in Medas Dhaatu, it manifests with white colour (S`hveta). This is called as S`hvitra.
- Sampraapti of Kilaasa is limited only up to skin; hence, Kilaasa is devoid of any exudates. When Maamsa, Medas Dhaatu are involved, it gives Arun`a Varn`a and is called as श्वित्र.
- Amongst all these three types Kilaasa turns to be difficultly curable as Dosha get harboured in to the successive Dhaatu. C. Chi. 8. 174
It is also classified as
Rooksha, Arun`a (slightly red coloured), Parusha, Pariddhvansee
TaamraVvarn`a (copper cloured) , resembling to lotus leaf, it gives burning sensation (Paridaaha), it shades out the skin hairs.
S`hveta (white coloured), it is solid with itching (Kan`d`oo), unctuous, Bahala (Stholam).
- Out of these three types, in Kilaasa the pathogenesis involves the deeper Dhaatu; hence Kilaasa is difficult to cure.
- Arun`adatta says that A. H. Ni. 14. 39
- Vataja S`hvitra = Raktaas`hrita S`hvitra
- Pitaja S`hvitra = Maamsaas`hrita.
- Kaphaja S`hvitra = Medodhaatvaas`hrita.
It is further classified in to…
- When the deeper Dhaatu are involved, the skin irrespective of its origin i. e. either Doshaja or Varan`aja, becomes incurable. M. N. 49.39
- Sus`hrutaachaarya says that Kilaasa is related to skin only. (Tvag Gatam Eva Kilaasam Ch. Ni. 5) Unlike Kusht`ha, S`hvitra manifests only on skin. Chakrapaan`i C. Chi. 8. 174
- Kilaasa, though it is situated in the deeper Dhaatu like Maamsa or Medas, the pathogenesis is restricted to skin only.
It is manifested due to all the three Dosha. M. N. 49.37; Su. Ni. 5.17
- Parasparatah Abhinnam / Sams`hlisht`am / Sambaddha Man`d`alam (Parasparam abhinna Man`d`alam)
- Varshagan`a Utpannam / Puraan`am
- Guhyastha S`hvitra
- Paan`italastha S`hvitra
- Osht`hastha S`hvitra
- Sambaddhaman`d`alam (Parasparam Abhinna Man`d`alam)
- Ante Jaatam (Oshth`a Paan`I Paada Guhyaja)
- Ante Jaata RaktaRoma
श्वित्र involving successive Dhaatu
- Tanu (Abahulam)
- Na Atichirotthita
- Madhyaavakaas`he Uts`hoonam
- As`huklaroma (Krishn`aroma)
- Nava S`hvitra
Difference between S`hvitra and Kilaasa
|Manifests on||Tvak and other Dhaatu_s||Only Tvak|
|Lakshan`a||It may be Sraavee (with exudates)||It is Aparisraavee.|
S`hvitra: Comparative study
|Saadhya Criteria||AnagnidagdhajamAraktalomaAs`huklaroma (Krishn`aroma)Asams`hlisht`aMadhyaavakaas`he Uts`hoonamNa AtichirotthitaNava S`hvitraपाण्डुTanu (Abahulam)|
|Krichchhra||श्वित्र involving successive Dhaatu_s|
|Asaadhya Criteria||AgnidagdhajaAnte Jaata RaktaRomaAnte Jaatam (Oshth`a Paan`I Paada Guhyaja)BahuBahulamGuhyastha S`hvitraOsht`hastha S`hvitraPaan`italastha S`hvitraParasparatah AbhinnamPuraan`aRaktalomavatS`huklaromaSambaddhaman`d`alam (Parasparam Abhinna Man`d`alam)Sams`hilsht`amVarshagan`a Utpannam|
|Dosha||Vaata Pitta and Kapha|
|Dosha Gun`a||Vaata = Rooksha, KharaPitta = Snigdha, Teekshn`a, Ushn`a, LaghuKapha = Snigdha, Guru, manda, S`hlakshn`a, Sthira, Mritsna|
|Dosha Praadhaanya||Vataja S`hvitra = Raktaas`hrita S`hvitraPitaja S`hvitra = Maamsaas`hrita.Kaphaja S`hvitra = Medodhaatvaas`hrita. A. H. Ni. 14. 39Aruna`dataa|
|Dhaatu||Rasa, Rakta, Maamsa, Medas|
|Srotas||Rasavaha, Raktavaha, Maamsavaha, Medovaha|
Last updated on March 26th, 2021 at 11:20 am