- Putting drops of any liquid medicine inside the eye is termed as Aas`hchotana.
- The patient should be advised to sit inside a room which is free from excessive wind flow. The procedure can be carried out in sleeping position with slightly extended neck.
- The physician should open the patient’s eye with his left hand and then put the medicine with the help of cotton swab held in right hand.
- The drops should be applied from the medial corner of eye.
- 10 to 12 drops should be applied from the distance of 2 fingers from the eye.
- The eye should be cleaned with a soft, clean cloth.
- In dominance of Vaatakapha Dosha the eye should be fomented with a cloth soaked in hot water.
- व्यापद due to Ati Ushn`a and Teekshn`a medicine – Ruk, Raaga, Drik Naas`ha
- व्यापद due to Ati S`heeta medicine – Nistoda, Samrambha, Vedanaa
- Nowadays a dropper is used instead of a cotton swab for this procedure.
- Aas`hchotana with sour Dravya is indicated in Arjuna Netra Roga.
Last updated on April 28th, 2021 at 10:42 am