|Literary Meaning||Group of liquors|
|Implied Meaning||It is group of different types of liquors.|
|Elaboration||Anything that causes मद ( intoxication ) is known as Madya .|
It is prepared from different drugs having medicinal values.
General qualities of Madya:
1. It is Pittakara .
2. It is Rochana ( taste enhancer ), Deepana ( appetiser ).
3. It is sour ( Amla ) in taste.
4. It pacifies Vaata and Kapha .
5. It is Hridya ( beneficial to heart )
6. It increases urinary output.
7. It is Vidaahee , penetrating ( Teekshn`a ), Vikaasee .
8. It facilitates the pasage of urine and stool ( Srisht`a Vin`mootra )
Some other Madya, explained in Madya Varga are –
Khaarjoora, Maardvika, Suraa, S`hveta Suraa, Prasannaa, KudhaanyaSuraa, Madhoolaka, Kohala, Jagala, Bakkasa, Suraasava, Tushaamla, Dhaanyaamla.
Last updated on March 16th, 2021 at 06:33 am